Din & my kids love their salads & vegetables. I knew this Acar Timun was going to be a hit when I made it along with Nasi Dhal & Kormak Kambing. Din had three full servings until he quote, "felt like bursting". Not sure if that was a good thing!
- 1 cucumber, washed & cubed. Soak for 5 minutes in ice water & drained
- 1 ripe large tomato, cubed
- 1 large red onion, skin peeled & diced
- 1 red chillies, deseeded & sliced
- 1 green chillies, deseeded & sliced
- 5 birds' eye chillies, chopped
- 2 stalks of cilantro, chopped
- 2 handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Toss everything around for a good minute.
- Serve immediately in a salad bowl.