My teenage daughter vowed that after her exams were over, she'll be baking every day. Because she always preferred baking over cooking dishes, her declaration did not surprise us. We were very surprised though, to be greeted by a really delicious Buttermilk Prawns for dinner which Izarra made. I am so grateful my daughter likes cooking.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 birds' eye chillies, sliced
- 2 stalks of curry leaves
- 1 flat tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 250gms prawns, peeled & cleaned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup of oil, for frying
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee the bird's eye chillies & curry leaves till fragrant.
- Pour in the milk & simmer gently.
- Flavour with sugar.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes on very low fire until gravy thickens a little.
- Place fried prawns into the gravy.
- Serve with hot rice!
- Heat oil in a pan
- Marinade prawns with salt & pepper.
- Coat the prawns evenly with the cornflour & remove excess flour.
- Fry the prawns in the hot oil & cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the prawns in the Buttermilk Sauce & serve.