Chocolate Cup Cakes
After a Kids Can Cook class with an enthusiastic group of children, two of the kids & a mum posted these messages on my page:
Mohd Ikram wrote "Thanks auntie for teaching us how 2 cook lasagne n cup cakes. We enjoyed it. Tq too for kakak Irra n abang. Best....Next time we all join lagi."
Afiqah Anwar wrote "Your class today was awesome!"
And mum Normala Hafiz wrote "Marina, my daughter & niece really enjoyed the class."
Those words of appreciation make me holding the classes worth every bit the effort.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well in between each egg.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated 180ºC oven for 15 minutes.
- When cool, ice with frosting & decorate as desired.
- Sieve the icing sugar & cocoa powder together.
- Add the icing sugar gradually, alternating with milk until it has a smooth consistency.
- Spread on top of the cooled cupcakes.