I woke up this morning with a cloud of sadness over me, and I remembered my dad's favourite breakfast... Lempeng Kelapa. It's been 21 years, but it feels like yesterday.
- 4 cups of grated coconut
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- Put the grated coconut, plain flour, salt and water into a bowl.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Heat a flat pan on medium heat.
- Drop 2 tbsp of batter on the heated pan. and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Continue making the pancakes till all the batter has been used up.
- Perfect when served with Sambal Tumis and crispy fried anchovies.