Ikan Bilis Masak Asam
Mum loves to share stories about her childhood with us. Today, she was describing this Ikan Bilis Masak Asam which her father loved to eat. After recreating my grandfather's favourite dish, it looks like it's already my kids latest favourite dish! Three rounds and still going! Luckily I hid some for my husband!
- 2 cups of anchovies, deep fried till crispy
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic, sliced thinly
- 4 green chillies, sliced
- 8 bird's eye chillies, sliced
- 2 tsp tamarind paste mixed with 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sautee' the onions, garlic & both chillies for about a minute over medium heat.
- Pour in the tamarind juice.
- Flavour with salt & sugar.
- Put in the deep-fried anchovies and toss quickly.
- Serve & consume immediately with hot white rice.