Baked Country Cheesecake
There are a thousand different cheesecake recipes out there. There are fluffy cheesecakes, dense cheesecakes, no-base cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake. I have a penchant for easy, simple recipes which turn out delicious results and make me look like a pro. I like fluffy cheesecakes with a lovely base. I'm pretty sure this is the simplest and most delicious cheesecake recipe ever. This recipe is very very close to the one we used to serve at Cafe Dania, and it was a high seller, so I'm betting you are going to love this recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups (375gms) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely ground almonds
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- Beat cream cheese until soft & smooth.
- Add in sugar. Beat till well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Put in the vanilla. Mix it in.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Bake in a preheated 190ºC oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for an hour.
- Chill before serving.
Combine the sweet biscuit, crushed almonds and sugar.
Pour in melted butter. Mix well.
Press into bottom & sides of greased 8-inch spring form tin.
Bake in a 190ºC oven for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool thoroughly.