Whenever I cook Gulai Ayam, it is always a hit. So today, I cooked more than I normally do, and it still disappeared quickly! With all my kids being slim, I'm wondering, where did it all go?
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp tamarind diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 large red onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1/2 cup of chilli paste
- 1-inch turmeric root
- 3 lemongrass
- 2 inches of lengkuas
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sautee' the blended ingredients until fragrant & oil separates.
- Put in the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken with the blended ingredients & mix well.
- Pour in the tamarind juice and allow to simmer.
- Season with salt & palm sugar.
- Put in the coconut milk. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.