Pak Esa's Breakfast
My Uncle Pak Esa made this dish for breakfast whenever we visited him in Johor & it never occurred to me to ask him the name of this breakfast. Thus resulting in me calling this breakfast after his name. It is an all-time favourite breakfast with my family!
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 large onions, cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Put in the potatoes. Continue stirring till cooked through.
- Add the onions to the potatoes. Toss it around till it becomes transparent.
- Put in the tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Flavour with salt & pepper.
- Break the eggs into the mixture. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes. Don’t stir. Just flip it over once.
- Pour in the tomato sauce. Stir gently & take it off the heat.
- Totally amazing when eaten immediately with bread.