Izarra's Blueberry Muffins
I didn't hear any noise. I didn't smell anything but suddenly, my 16-year-old daughter, Izarra brought me a tray of hot Blueberry Muffins she just made. I was thrilled and happy! And it was yummy!
- 2 cups flour, sieved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or dried blueberries, tossed with 3 tbsp flour to coat the blueberries
*So it won't sink to the bottom when cooked
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- lemon zest of 2 lemons
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the sugar and salt into the flour, combining all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now, put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Incorporate both the wet & the dry ingredients together but do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries, just to combine.
- Spoon the batter 3/4 full into greased muffin tins.
- Combine sugar & lemon zest. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes in a preheated 180º C oven.