We served Apple Crumble at Cafe' Dania which was very popular. This version of crumble is more rustic than the one we used to serve at the Cafe' with the addition of oats & coconut. The contrast between the softness of the fruit & the crunchiness of the crumble makes this dessert quite exciting to eat especially if taken with custard or ice-cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 500 g canned peach
- 1/2 cup syrup where peach is soaked in
- Slice peaches into thick wedges. Place in the pie dish with peach syrup.
- Rub butter into flour until mixture is crumbly. Add the sugars, cinnamon powder, oats & coconut. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in a preheated 190ºC oven for about 30-45 minutes. Cooking time varies with the depth of fruit and crumble.
- Serve with custard.