Soft Tofu topped with Dried Shrimp & Crispy Fried Shallots
Eating this dish always brings such a warm, wholesome feeling to my tummy. Cooking it is so easy & takes such little time, you won't even realize you've cooked it. Enjoy this simple, healthy & delicious dish.
- 5 soft Tofu
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked & pounded
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup salty soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Wash & rinse the tofu.
- Pat gently with a pinch of salt.
- Deep fry the tofu. Be very careful when flipping the tofu over as you don't want to break it.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil & saute' the onion, garlic & dried shrimp till it is very dry.
- Pour in both the soy sauces into the sauteed mixture. Add pepper.
- Taste. Pour generously over the tofu.
- Perfect when eaten immediately while still hot with white rice.