Strawberry-topped Classic Cheesecake
Cheesecakes are always rich, solid and deliciously intense in flavour. That's why I occasionally top my cheesecake with fruits. Preferably strawberries as they balance the taste of cheesecakes beautifully! This is another simple cheesecake recipe which I usually use when I plan to top my cheesecake with fruits.
- 1 cup crushed digestive biscuits
- 4 cups/1 kg cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Press the biscuits on the aluminium foil-layered base of an 8" spring-form tin.
- Beat the cream cheese till smooth.
- Put the eggs in one at a time. Beat well between each egg.
- Add the lemon rind and essence. Beat a little more to incorporate the flavors.
- Pour into the pressed biscuit.
- Put the prepared tin in a larger baking tray and place it in a preheated 160ºC oven.
- Pour enough boiling water to come 1 inch up the sides of the tin.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the top is golden brown in color.
- Cool in the tin.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen, then remove the rim of the tin.
- Chill for about 4 hours. Decorate with strawberries just before serving.