Tofu in Tauchu Gravy
I am a great lover of Tofu - cooked in any way. It is exceptionally soothing when cooked in a light tauchu gravy. So fast & simple to cook, with so few ingredients and importantly, so beautiful!
- 3 pieces of hard tofu, halved into triangles & deep fried briefly
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 bulb of medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp tauchu (fermented soya beans)
- 1/2 tbsp tamarind, squeezed in 1 cup of water, drain for the juice
- 1 red chilli, sliced lengthwise 3/4 way ,in half & deseeded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a small pan. Sautee' onions & garlic until soft.
- Put in the tauchu and tamarind juice.
- As soon as the water boils, add the salt, sugar & red chilli.
- Immerse the deep- fried, triangle tofu into the tofu gravy.
- Enjoy with hot white rice.