Corned Beef & Egg Pancake
This is a breakfast concocted by my sister Mariam when we were designing our breakfast menu for Cafe Dania. The corned beef, intertwined between an unbeaten egg with the crunch of sauteed onions - a satisfying protein combination that will leave you fulfilled all day.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 can corned beef
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in an egg pan.
- Sautee' the onion for 1 minute.
- Scoop the corned beef into the pan & mix it into the onions.
- Cook & combine till the corned beef softens.
- Create a crater & break an egg in the center.
- Cook covered for about 1 minute. You can serve it immediately if you like the egg being sunny side up.
- If you prefer it to be cooked on both sides, you can flip the pancake over. If you have 2 egg pans, just flip the upper side of the pancake onto the base of the 2nd heated egg pan.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil at the sides of the pancake to discourage it from sticking to the pan.
- I love the outer skin of the pancake to be slightly crunchy, so I have the fire slightly on the high side.
- Serve with a slice of bread. Enjoy while hot.