Deliciously Moist Chocolate Cake
If you want to make a really beautiful chocolate cake that is so easy to make & so delicious to eat, this is the recipe. There is practically only two main steps to follow to produce the results you see in this picture. For you to begin developing an interest in baking cakes within your child, this recipe is a perfect choice. Your kids will feel like a pro.
Sieve Dry Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Combine Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix sugar & salt with the dry ingredients in the mixer.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix it in but do not overbeat.
- Pour into 2 x 9inch round greased tin.
- Bake in a preheated 180º C oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- 1 cup icing sugar, sieved
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sieved
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp milk
- Mix all the ingredients till it becomes smooth & shiny. Pour over cooled cake.
- I like to pour the frosting over a hot cake & let the frosting flow but it's harder for handling if you are not used to it!