Jaffa Cake with Chocolate Curls
I absolutely love anything chocolate & I love oranges. So, having both these flavours combined in this Jaffa Cake makes me very happy! The sourness of oranges balances the richness of chocolate which brings a truly beautiful taste to this cake.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp orange oil
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp orange oil
- Beat sugar & butter till it is light & fluffy.
- Put in eggs, one at a time. Beat until well mixed, each time.
- Put in the flour, alternately with milk till it finishes, beginning & ending with flour.
- Add in the orange oil. Mix in thoroughly.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9-inch cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated 185 deg oven for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven onto a wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
- Put all the icing ingredients into a bowl & mix well till it becomes smooth & shiny.
- Cover the cake with icing & decorate as desired.