Everyone loves soup! It is full of goodness & wholesome ingredients. Perfect when served hot with croutons, garlic bread or just freshly baked bread. Totally delicious & satisfying. The secret to a perfect soup is its broth, stock, or bouillon.
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced thinly or chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup stock or 1 tsp bouillon diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Sautee' the onions & mushroom for about 5 minutes till onion is transparent & mushroom golden.
- Sprinkle the flour. Stir constantly while gradually pouring stock. Then pour in whipping cream gradually.
- Season with salt & pepper. Let the soup simmer.
- Serve while hot or reheat when needed.