Pan-fried Dory on Angel hair Aglio Olio
This is the most modest, simplest & tastiest way to serve pasta. As the name suggests, it is just garlic (aglio) & oil (olio). Use of Bell Peppers is purely optional. Topping it up with panfried Dory makes it's more filling & more elaborate, adding the good dose of protein to this dish!
Aglio Olio Ingredients
- 1 packet Angel hair
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- 8 dried chillies, snipped finely
- 3 birds-eye chillies, chopped (chilli padi or diavolicchi, meaning little devils!)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- a handful Parsley, chopped for garnish
Pan-fried Dory Ingredients
- 6 palm-sized fillet of Dory
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 lemon, squeezed for juice
Aglio Olio Method
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil & cook the angel hair pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil & saute the garlic, peppers & snipped chillies.
- As soon as the garlic colours, tip the spaghetti into the oil & garlic.
- Cook over moderate heat. Toss very briefly.
- Season with salt & serve immediately by twirling it on a plate.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Top with Panfried Dory.
Pan-fried Dory Method
- Mix the flour together with the salt & pepper.
- Heat a flat heavy pan. Pour in the oil & put in the butter over medium heat.
- Pat dry the fish & coat it with the flour mixture. Place it in the pan over the oil & butter.
- When one side had browned & feels crisp, flip over the other side.
- As soon as the other side is ready, place it on the Angelhair.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge over the fish for the juice.
- Serve & eat immediately for total enjoyment!
In order for the dory to be ready at the same time as the Aglio Olio, start cooking as soon you begin boiling the water for the pasta. While the fish is being cooked, you can begin with the Aglio Olio sauce. Then everything will come together beautifully at the same time for serving.