Tofu in Coconut Milk
This tofu is so simple & delicious which provides a healthy dose of good protein. The soft, delicate taste of tofu, soaked in soothing, delicious gravy gives a smooth taste with wholesome values. I am a staunch believer of simplicity in terms of ingredients, the method of cooking & presentation - so this recipe suits me to a tee!
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp dried prawns, soaked & pounded
- 4 tofu, cut into 6 equal-sized cubes & washed
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Pour the coconut milk into a small pot. Cook on very low fire & keep stirring.
- When the milk begins to boil, put in the onions, garlic & dried prawns.
- Put the tofu gently into the simmering coconut milk.
- Flavour with salt.
- Totally soothing with white rice but just as lovely on its own.