Orange Jelly Wedges
This is a creative way to serve jelly: orange jelly served in the orange skin. I always serve this during my kids' parties as it's easy handling, fun sized and can be made in advance!
- 1 packet (1 tahil) of agar-agar
- 6 cups of water
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- 1 tsp orange oil
- 2 tsp orange colouring
- Boil water in a pot. As soon as the water begins boiling, put in the agar-agar.
- In about 10 to 15 minutes, the agar-agar should have melted.
- Put in the sugar. Stir well.
- Pour in the orange oil & colouring.
- Pour the jelly into a jug. Pour gently into the orange-skin casing to the brim.
- When the agar-agar sets, put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Just as you are about to serve, cut the orange into wedges.
Preparing the Orange-skin Casing
- Wash & clean dry 8 oranges.
- Cut into exact half from the tip of the orange.
- Remove the orange fruit, leaving the skin intact.
- It's important that the fruit has no holes or cracks or it cannot be used.
- Arrange the empty casing on a clean tray that fits all the orange skins perfectly, so that there will be minimum movement.