Deep Fried Tofu drizzled with Soy Sauce
To make sure my kids don't go hungry at school during this fasting month, I thought Tofu in Soy Sauce would make them happy and full. A good dose of good protein in tofu is the answer, and a dash of light soy sauce gravy to soothe the palate - so early in the morning!
- 4 pieces of hard tofu, washed & cut into triangles
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of oil for deep frying
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp light salty soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock or 1/2 tsp of stock powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp pepper
- Flavour the tofu with salt.
- Fry in hot oil, heated in a pan until golden brown. Remove & drain. Put aside.
- In a separate pan, prepare the soya gravy by heating 2 tbsp of oil, taken from the same oil used to fry the tofu.
- Sautee the garlic on medium heat very briefly without browning it.
- Pour in the soy sauce & stock.
- When the liquid boils, flavour with pepper.
- Fantastic when served while hot! I love to eat this with fresh sprigs of spring onions!