My mum, my son, my whole family loves Salmon. Somehow, the simpler it is, the better it tastes. Perhaps, because it is not overpowered with seasonings, then you get to appreciate the real taste of the fish & its freshness. Absolutely divine!
- 2 salmon fillet
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp corn starch
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dill, chopped
- Smother the salmon fillet with salt, pepper & fresh chopped dill.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Pour the oil & butter in the pan. Immediately place the salmon on the heated pan, skin down.
- After 3 minutes, flip the salmon over to cook the other side.
- Serve on a plate & squeeze some lemon over the salmon. Lovely when eaten with lemon sauce.
Lemon Sauce Method
- Combine stock, turmeric powder, zest & starch in a small pot.
- Boil while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter & lemon juice.
- Put in the chopped dill.
- Put aside until ready to use.