Pekasam with Bird's Eye Chillies on Turmeric Leaf
I love Pickled Fish, smothered with birds-eye chillies sitting beautifully on fresh turmeric leaves & beautifully steamed, and a final squeeze of fresh lime. So light, so addictive and so satisfying!
- 1 Pekasam Fish
- 12 bird's eye chillies/chilli padi, pounded coarsely
- 1 piece turmeric leaf/ daun kunyit
- 2 calamansi lime/limau Kasturi, squeezed for juice
- Line a pyrex dish with the turmeric leaf.
- Lay the Pekasam Fish on the leaf.
- Smother with bird's eye chilli using a spoon.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- When serving, squeeze with lime juice.