Sira Tempe & Ikan Bilis
I think I am addicted to Sira Tempe & Ikan Bilis. It's so crunchy, it's so spicy, it's tasty. I couldn't possibly stop!
- 1 slab tempe*
- 1 cup anchovies, deep fried till crispy
- 1/2 cup peanuts, deep fried till golden brown, cool.
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3 heaped tbsp chilli paste
- t tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
*cut into finger lengths then slice thinly, marinade with 1 tsp turmeric & 1 tsp salt, then deep fried till crispy on low-flamed hot oil
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put in the chili paste. Keep stirring till relatively dry.
- Put in the vinegar, salt & sugar. Cook & continue stirring till the texture becomes like a paste & is relatively dry.
- Put in the tempe, anchovies & nuts. Toss the ingredients around so it coats evenly.
- Switch off the flame. Scoop it out immediately.
- When cool, put in an air tight container.