Crispy-fried Anchovies topped with Sauteed Green Chillies
The adults in my home, especially mum, simply loves Crispy-fried Ikan Bilis topped with Sauteed Green Chillies! So, quoting Din, having this with Asam Pedas for breaking fast, made this the best meal ever!
- 2 cups of anchovies, deep-fried till crispy
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion
- 10 shallots
- 6 large green chillies
- 10 green bird's eye chillies
- Deep-fry the anchovies, drain & place on a serving dish.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Sautee' all the pounded ingredients with the hot oil for about 2 minutes or until the onions become transparent & chillies slightly limp.
- Sprinkle with the salt.
- Toss everything around evenly.
- Place the cooled sauteed ingredients over the crispy anchovies.
- Perfect eaten with hot rice!
- Once the anchovies are topped with the onions & chillies, it won't keep crispy for long - so consume quickly!