Bayam Masak Air (Spinach in Anchovies Broth)
Mother's Day began at the clinic to help 'repair' Din as he fights a stomach bug in bed, Izanna was down with fever, Izarra & Azuar was in the midst of exams. So, with almost half my family still spending most of the day in bed, I'm hoping a simple Plain Rice Porridge & Bayam Masak Air will do its work towards the healing process.
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp anchovies
- 1 bunch of spinach, cleaned & plucked
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 turmeric leaf, knotted
- Boil the water in the pot.
- Put the onions, garlic & anchovies in the water.
- Allow it to boil.
- Flavour with salt & pepper.
- Put in all the spinach into the boiling water and turn off the fire.
- Put in the turmeric leaf for final flavour.
- Serve with white rice & sambal.